Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Senior Software Engineers are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
They also work closely with DevOps, DBAs and Systems Engineers to make deployments easier to improve team velocity and overall quality of delivery. They design, develop and contribute to some of the most important functionality happening in the product category, and also mentor, coach and empower technical team members while still taking a very active role in developing solutions.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
During the first six months, you will:
- Understand customer needs and business goals.
- Often act as a technical lead for features or epics and complete features or epics where the approach is loosely defined and requires technical & design discovery prior to implementation
- Advocate for best practices and a healthy balance of tech debt versus delivery
- Actively mentor/coach less-experienced team members
- Ensure code is flexible, reusable, extensible performant, and high quality through feedback on code reviews
- Decompose outcomes into solutions composed of multiple software components interacting with each other
- Understand and consider technical dependencies
- Provide feedback via decision-making frameworks for proposed changes from across the org
- Work within the scope of a team and participate in driving cross-team collaboration
- Build something that you are proud of
- Learn something that you are excited about
- Do the best work of your career so far
- Find innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
- Exercise creativity and solve cool problems
- Demonstrate passion for writing quality software
- Contribute to a shared code base
- Demonstrate software quality through unit and integration test automation
- Strengthen your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
- Build relationships and communicate with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Analyze and spearhead improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
- Manage risks, escalate priorities and help to resolve issues that could impact production quality
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings such as Lambdas, EC2s, ECS/EKS, Fargate, SQS/SNS, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Building and deploying RESTful APIs
- Must have at least 5 years overall experience specifically in object-oriented design and development preferably in C#, utilizing automated testing and API first development
- Experience in modern client-side programming (React, Angular, Vue) and data access via SQL or NoSQL datastores
- Experience developing highly performing/high volume applications
- Must be familiar with modern architectures such as microservices and operational tools such as DataDog
- Cypress or other end-to-end test automation experience
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position is $84,487 - $182,372/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the relevant state and local pay transparency laws for the location in which this position will be performed. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.